By Nico | May 18, 2011
While the Mario shelves above win points for geekiness, I can only hope they’re used for storing toys and not books. All that block breaking can’t be good for them.
For more examples see the following:
- Buzzfeed, “20 Insanely Creative Bookshelves“
- freshhome, “30 of the Most Creative Bookshelves Designs”(1)
- Oddee, “14 Coolest Bookshelves“
- Designs Delight, “22 Creative Wood Bookshelves and Custom Bookcases“
- DeMilked, “25 Creative and Modern Bookshelves“
The vast majority of these bookshelves are wildly impractical, or, at best, can only be of use to people who possess but a handful of books. Many look like they would actually harm books placed on their shelves.
Honestly, I just don’t see the point. What’s wrong with traditional bookshelves?
- Grammatically awkward, to boot. [↩]