A number of sites have round ups of “creative” bookshelves, which win points for novelty, but fail miserably when it comes to practicality.
While the Mario shelves above win points for geekiness, I can only hope they’re used for storing toys and not books. All that block breaking can’t be good for them.
For more examples see the following:
- Buzzfeed, “20 Insanely Creative Bookshelves”
- freshhome, “30 of the Most Creative Bookshelves Designs”1
- Oddee, “14 Coolest Bookshelves“
- Designs Delight, “22 Creative Wood Bookshelves and Custom Bookcases”
- DeMilked, “25 Creative and Modern Bookshelves“
The vast majority of these bookshelves are wildly impractical, or, at best, can only be of use to people who possess but a handful of books. Many look like they would actually harm books placed on their shelves.
Honestly, I just don’t see the point. What’s wrong with traditional bookshelves?
- Grammatically awkward, to boot. [↩]
2 thoughts on ““Creative” bookshelves”
Nothing. Nothing at all is wrong with traditional bookshelves. They’re awesome.
Glad to hear it.
So who’s actually using these absurd shelving units?
Comments are closed.